Wealthy Affiliate Review – Everything You Need to Know
Welcome to my Wealthy Affiliate review!
Since this is such a long post, I decided to break it up and make a quick review first, and if you want more information you can scroll down to read the long review.
This is so you can get a quick idea about what Wealthy Affiliate is without having to read 3,000 words, lol.
Quick Review of Wealthy Affiliate
Owners: Kyle Loudon and Carson Lim
Price: Free; $49/month for Premium
In a nutshell, Wealthy Affiliate is a website that teaches you how to grow an online business in a step-by-step, easy to follow way.
Is Wealthy Affiliate a Scam?
Wealthy Affiliate is not a scam. It’s 100% free to join, so you can see exactly what they have to offer.
I’ll share some more success stories towards the end of this page. Stay tuned. 🙂
How does Wealthy Affiliate Work?
Wealthy Affiliate teaches you how to build a website around a topic you love, and earn money by promoting related products through affiliate marketing.
You could build a website about dogs, and promote things like dog training books, healthy dog food, and dog toys.
When someone buys a product you are promoting, you earn a small percentage of what the product sold for. These commissions can really add up.
How Much Does it Cost to Join?
There are two membership options at Wealthy Affiliate.
The first option is Starter membership which is completely free, and includes many of the core features at Wealthy Affiliate, such as the first 20 training lessons, and 2 free websites.
The free membership is great for those who want to learn a few things about affiliate marketing, and get a website (or two!) properly set up.
(Join here, and I will personally help you get started.)
The second membership option is Premium.
Premium membership unlocks access to everything on Wealthy Affiliate. All the training, 50 free websites, 24/7/365 live support and help, and much more.
The Premium membership includes everything you need in order to start a successful business online.
Cost: $19 for the first month and $49/month thereafter, or $359/year (Join Here)
Is Wealthy Affiliate Worth it? + Video
I’d say Wealthy Affiliate is worth it if you have several hours to spare each day to learn affiliate marketing.
If your plan is to escape the 9-to-5, be your own boss, work from home on your own time, and earn money while you sleep, then yes, Wealthy Affiliate is worth it.
Just remember that it takes time to start earning money online. This is not one of those get rich quick schemes (AKA scams) promising you’ll earn thousands with the click of a button. Affiliate marketing takes time to learn and master, but it’s definitely worth it if your goal is to be your own boss and work from home.
Quick Review Conclusion
Wealthy Affiliate is one of the only legitimate “learn to earn money online” opportunities.
I only touched on a few aspects of Wealthy Affiliate in this quick review, but in reality that was just a tiny portion of what they offer.
If you are interested but still want to know what else Wealthy Affiliate has to offer, have a scroll through my long review below where I describe everything in detail.
Otherwise, if you think this is the right opportunity for you, go ahead and join for free.
Let me know what you think, and if you ever need a hand with anything I’m always available. I’ll get a notification if you join through one of my links, and I promise I’ll be quick to welcome you and help you get started on the right track. See you on the inside!
And Now…the Long Review!
So, what exactly IS Wealthy Affiliate?
Wealthy Affiliate is a website that teaches people how to become successful with internet marketing. Specifically, affiliate marketing (I’ll explain this in a bit).
Wealthy Affiliate teaches way more than just that though. You can literally find thousands of training videos and articles covering just about everything related to building websites and making money.
For example, here are just a few of the lessons you can find at Wealthy Affiliate:
- In-depth tutorials on affiliate marketing
- “Secrets” of highly-successful affiliate marketers
- Social media marketing
- How to do SEO and skyrocket your website’s Google rankings
- How to create infographics for your site
- How to write quality content that generates sales
- How to put ads on your website
That literally covers a tiny portion of the training available at Wealthy Affiliate. In reality there is so much more – enough to have you easily covered for years.
The main focus is on affiliate marketing though, which I explain below:
What is Affiliate Marketing?
Affiliate marketing is really quite simple. It may be hard for a beginner to grasp though.
It took me several weeks after joining Wealthy Affiliate before I fully understood it. Now I understand it as well as I understand 1+1=2.
So here’s how it works:
You join an affiliate program, which will give you special links that have a randomly-generated ID attached to them.
Now, when you place one of those links on your website, or anywhere online, and someone clicks on that link, the link will take them directly to whatever product you’re promoting.
If the person purchases that product, you’ll earn a commission. In other words, you’ll earn a small percentage of what the product sold for.
If you want to learn more about affiliate marketing, check out this post.
If you promote expensive items and people are buying them through your link, you can make a LOT of money.
Some affiliate marketers are making 6 or 7 figures per year, but those are rare cases. In reality, only a small percentage of affiliate marketers make a full-time income.
The reason for this is probably that when most people first start out, they expect to see results right away. But that’s just not how affiliate marketing works.
It can take months, and for some, years to build up a full-time income. Most people just don’t have the drive to succeed, or their fear of failure is greater than their desire for success.
But always, when someone sticks with it through thick and thin and refuses to give up, they become successful. I’ve seen it time and again, especially with my fellow Wealthy Affiliate members (and even with myself).
What Wealthy Affiliate has to Offer
Like I said, the number one most important thing Wealthy Affiliate offers is training.
But also like I said, there’s so much more so I will begin explaining it all now.
They Offer a 30-second Website Builder
Wealthy Affiliate has a platform called SiteRubix, which provides an extremely fast way to build a fully functional website. With SiteRubix, all you have to do is:
- Choose whether you’re building a free SiteRubix website, or building a website on a domain you already own.
- Enter the name of your site.
- Enter the URL of your site (a URL is the website’s address. For example, the URL for this site is www.streetsmartaffiliate.com).
- The final step is to choose a theme for your website. A theme is essentially how your website will look. There are several thousand different themes to choose from, so you shouldn’t have any trouble finding exactly what you’re looking for.
Once you complete all of the above 4 steps, you simply hit “Build My Website Now” and, well, you’re website is built.
Once your website has been built, you do the rest by writing blog posts/filling pages with content. You can also change parts of the website’s design, such as colors and where certain things are positioned. No coding is involved. If I can do it, so can anyone.
Wealthy Affiliate Offers Industry-Leading Hosting
If you want to have a website, which you definitely do for affiliate marketing, you’ll need to have hosting for it.
Wealthy Affiliate offers hosting, which is very powerful, fast, and secure.
Here are some of the features:
- Free SSL certificates (the green Secure lock before the URL of a website)
- Extremely fast load times for better rankings, better engagement, and a better experience for visitors
- Powerful spam blocker (I have multiple websites hosted at Wealthy Affiliate, and have never had any trouble with spam)
- Google Pagespeed Insights – instantly check how fast your website loads, and get recommendations for improvement
- Site health monitor to ensure you have the best chances of indexing, ranking, and acquiring traffic through Google, Yahoo, and other major search engines
- Website technical support available 24/7, which usually answers in just a few minutes!
- Powerful website security which protects your site from hacking, malware, and bot-net attacks.
- Daily website backups
- Unlimited domain-specific email accounts (like firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, etc.)
- Instant DNS setup
- Unlimited data transfer
- Full redundancy
- Staging environment
- And more
The nice thing about it is you don’t have to go find hosting from somewhere else like Godaddy or Bluehost. The Wealthy Affiliate hosting is available right from Wealthy Affiliate, meaning building a website and having quality hosting for it is a breeze. No technical know-how is needed, unlike with most of the other options out there.
I just want to mention once again that Wealthy Affiliate provides ultra-fast website support if you ever run into any problems. I’ve had to use their support multiple times, and they have fixed my issue every single time, oftentimes in just a couple of minutes!
I don’t know of a single hosting company out there that can come anywhere near that fast. That is lightning fast support, and I feel that my websites are very safe with a dedicated, knowledgeable support team always ready to resolve any issues.
Wealthy Affiliate has their Own Domain Registrar
Yep, no need to buy a domain from Namecheap. Wealthy Affiliate has the domain buying process built right in, and like their hosting and website building services, the domain registration process is seamless (and extremely easy).
Domains from Wealthy Affiliate cost about $14, which is actually cheaper than other registrars.
Domains from Wealthy Affiliate have absolutely no upsells unlike with other registrars. There’s no need to buy domain specific emails – they’re available for free with every website you create. Also, full privacy, security, and domain protection is included at no extra cost.
Wealthy Affiliate has an Awesome Community
I say that whole-heartedly.
How many times do you visit a forum or community of some sort and half the members are either extremely grumpy or just downright nasty? I know most of the forums/communities I have visited aren’t all that welcoming.
Wealthy Affiliate is not like that.
The community at Wealthy Affiliate is amazingly helpful and kind, it really is like a big family where everyone is watching out for each other and encouraging one another. It’s one of those communities where just about everyone feels welcome.
The only people who aren’t welcome at Wealthy Affiliate are trolls. I think every member of Wealthy Affiliate would agree that the community is like no other.
There are a few ways you can interact with others on Wealthy Affiliate.
- The first is by writing your own blog post within Wealthy Affiliate.
- The second is by commenting on others’ blog posts – adding what you thought, asking a question, anything really.
- Another way to communicate is by writing comments on people’s profiles.
- And last but certainly not least, Wealthy Affiliate has a Live Chat feature that can be leveraged to get instant support, ideas, encouragement, you name it. Heavy users of the live chat feature make many lasting friendships, and get some valuable contacts.
You can Directly Contact Kyle and Carson, the Founders of Wealthy Affiliate
As you might imagine, this is really rare with anything online. Both Kyle and Carson can be contacted directly, and they’ll graciously respond. I’ve reached out to them on several occasions, and have been very satisfied with their responses.
They are also active in the Wealthy Affiliate community, and can be seen helping members out on a regular basis.
Weekly Live Webinars
Every Friday, one of Wealthy Affiliate’s first and most successful members, Jay, airs a live webinar on any topic related to building an online business. Every webinar, which usually last over an hour, is recorded and saved so you can go back and watch any of them at any moment.
I have learned a LOT from these webinars, and each time I replay or attend one, I learn something new.
Wealthy Affiliate Offers a Lucrative Affiliate Program
If you follow the Affiliate Bootcamp course on Wealthy Affiliate, you’ll be learning how to build a website that promotes Wealthy Affiliate. After lots of research, I can say that Wealthy Affiliate is honestly the best make-money-online training there is, making it easy to promote over anything else.
Every member (even Starter members) have their own unique affiliate link for Wealthy Affiliate. When someone joins Wealthy Affiliate through your link, you can earn a decent amount if they purchase Premium.
The affiliate program is very lucrative–even if your referral does not purchase Premium, you’ll still earn $1 if they fill out their profile.
Here’s a breakdown showing exactly how much you earn for each referral:
The links in this article are actually affiliate links for Wealthy Affiliate, and if you join through my links you’ll get personal 1-on-1 coaching and support from me, EVEN if you decide not to purchase Premium. I’m on Wealthy Affiliate every day, and love to help others out. I would love to help you become successful online too!
What to Expect as a Member of Wealthy Affiliate
Of course, you can expect to get everything I’ve mentioned above. But let me also answer a few questions you may have by now.
- Is the registration process simple?
Yes, in fact there’s no need to enter any credit card information. All they need is your name, email, password, and a username (the name that other members will see).
- How soon can you expect to make money?
It’s different for everyone, but 3 months is pretty standard with affiliate marketing.
I earned my first dollar after two months.
For some people, it takes 6 months or even a year, but in general, if you work hard and consistently you can expect to generate some cash by the 3 month mark.
I achieved a full-time income at the two-year mark, but many reach that point far sooner. It depends on your niche and how much work you put in!
- How do you get paid?
Well, since this is affiliate marketing, Wealthy Affiliate isn’t necessarily the one paying you.
Let me explain:
It’s the affiliate programs you sign up with that will pay you. Wealthy Affiliate is there to teach you HOW to do affiliate marketing, they’re not the ones who pay you when someone buys a product through your link though. That is, unless you refer someone to Wealthy Affiliate, in which case they’ll pay you but only if your referral upgrades to Premium membership.
Wealthy Affiliate and most affiliate programs pay via PayPal, and many have other options as well.
- Is it easy to learn what is taught at Wealthy Affiliate?
If you can sit down to watch a video and understand what is being said, then yes, it is very easy to learn. The training is both video and text based, and goes step-by-step from the very beginning.
Some members started out not even knowing how to send an email, and now have websites generating thousands of dollars a month.
- Is it overwhelming/too much information at a time?
If you’re totally new at this then yes, it can definitely be overwhelming. But if you just stick it out and follow the training one step at a time, you’ll find that it’s actually very easy.
- How long has Wealthy Affiliate been around?
Wealthy Affiliate started back in 2005. Each year they’ve simply gotten better, and if you know anything about business, you’ll know that that’s pretty rare.
- How many people are on Wealthy Affiliate?
I do not know the exact figure, but several months ago Wealthy Affiliate surpassed 1,000,000 members.
- Are there any countries where Wealthy Affiliate is not available?
No, but there are some where only the Premium membership is available due to high amounts of fraud from those countries.
People from the following countries don’t have access to the free starter membership (but they can join as Premium members):
I hope that covers any questions you have about Wealthy Affiliate, and if it doesn’t, keep reading because I may have an answer here soon.
Free membership = $0
Wealthy Affiliate offers a 100% free starter membership with absolutely no up-sells.
Here’s what you get with the free membership:
- 2 websites
- The first 20 training lessons (by the end of these lessons you’ll have both websites up and running)
- Keyword tool
- Access to thousands of expert articles
- Instant help and support for 7 days
- Access to the live chat for 7 days
- Access to me, as your personal mentor whenever you need a hand
Premium membership = $49/month or $359/year (just under $1 per day!)
The Premium membership option gives you complete access to EVERYTHING on Wealthy Affiliate. Here’s just a few of the things included in the Premium membership:
- Up to 50 websites
- ALL the training
- The option to purchase your own domain name for any of your websites
- Direct access to thousands of successful internet marketers
- Access to me, as your personal mentor when you need a hand
- Unlimited help and support
- Unlimited access to the live chat
- Unlimited EVERYTHING
Here’s a good visual breakdown of what each membership option offers:
The Training Courses (First 10 Lessons are Free for Starter Members)
There are two training courses you can take, and you get access to the first 10 lessons of each as a starter member.
The first and main one, “Online Entrepreneur Certification Course”, teaches you how to build a website around a passion of yours, and how to make money from it through affiliate marketing and ads.
I always recommend doing this course, since you are encouraged to build a website about a topic you enjoy. People are more likely to succeed at making money online when they get to build a website where they can share their passion with the world.
These are the first 10 lessons of the course, which are completely free for starter members:
The next course is called the “Affiliate Bootcamp”. This course teaches you how to build a website that promotes Wealthy Affiliate.
This course is for people who don’t have a good topic for a website, but still want to earn money online through affiliate marketing, or people who simply want to share Wealthy Affiliate with the rest of the world because it’s just that great.
Here are the first 10 lessons in the Affiliate Bootcamp, which are completely free for starter members:
Wealthy Affiliate Pros vs. Cons
- 100% FREE lifetime starter membership, no credit card required
- No experience necessary – the training is very easy to follow, even for a complete newbie
- The task-based training courses are awesome, and they make you really want to get through them quickly to get closer to success
- There is training on everything related to building a website or blog, and making money online
- The ability to create up to 50 websites for Premium members, and 2 free websites for starter members
- Industry-leading hosting
- Fully-integrated domain management
- Keyword tool for Premium members, 30 free keyword searches for starter members
- 24/7 live help and support
- Personal support and coaching from the owners, Kyle and Carson themselves
- Weekly live video classes, which are recorded and saved so that you can go back and watch as many as you want
- A spam-free community of like-minded individuals, all looking to help each other succeed
- Although the vast majority of the training is up-to-date, a small portion of it is outdated. With the sheer number of training articles and videos, this is unavoidable. Nonetheless, steps are being taken to eliminate all outdated training.
- As mentioned above, 7 countries don’t have access to the free starter membership.
My Final Opinion
Wealthy Affiliate is completely legitimate, and teaches the exact process internet marketers use to earn money online.
I’ve done a lot of research, and can tell you that there is no other opportunity quite like Wealthy Affiliate. Pretty much all of the make money online opportunities out there are scams, promising instant riches.
Wealthy Affiliate teaches just about the opposite. They teach that it takes time and a commitment in order to generate an income online, and that anyone can do it if one follows the training.
So if you think that’s you – if you think you can spend a lot of time building a website in order to reap the rewards of it in the future, then Wealthy Affiliate is the perfect opportunity.
There really is no way to earn lots of money online without working hard. In order to make real money online, you have to understand that it’s a process that takes time – more time than most people are willing to commit.
Success Stories from Members of Wealthy Affiliate
Remember at the beginning I promised more success stories? Well, here they are! I will let them speak for themselves.